Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Break


I had planned on starting to blog as soon as school was out.  It was a rough semester and I just wanted it to be over.  I was tired though.  Really tired.  I did not want to write or even read for pleasure.  Instead I did a bit of baking.
Crisp Baked Apples


I enjoyed spending some time making things that did not require analysis or spell checking.  Just simple and satisfying handiwork.  I made pins to hang Christmas cards to give as gifts.


Barry and I wrapped presents until we were a little sick of paper and bows.


But they all looked pretty under the tree.
And I had extra time to spend with this lot.


Along with my personal superhero.


I believe I am officially in burnout recovery.  I am starting to get antsy to write again, but the past few months have been worrisome for me.  My assigned writing has not been up to par and I have not felt like writing for pleasure at all.  I am hoping this rest will help me get over my creative gridlock.  I have been toying with some blog topic ideas.  Maybe a marriage series leading up to Valentine's Day and some tutorials for the projects I have had so much fun with over the holidays.  I have decided to keep creating in one way or another.  I want to make presents year round and have a good little stockpile for next Christmas.

Even better, I felt a poem brewing in my brain today and it excited me.  

So, I will try to start up again.  Little bits at a time.  



No comments: